Work with a mission-driven team, focused on improving the experience for those seeking behavioral health services. At BHS, we’re in the business of bettering lives so employees can bring their best selves to work.
Guide+Thrive is a cutting-edge solution which provides individuals with personalized direct access to behavioral healthcare and emotional support. Our high-touch, concierge-style model delivers in-person, telephonic or virtual behavioral health support to our client’s employees.
The Care Manager functions as a core member of a collaborative care team, serving as an embedded behavioral health/chronic care manager, a master’s-level behavioral health clinician (Care Manager) provides intake, in the moment support, crisis counseling, telephonic or virtual psychosocial assessments, administers evidence-based clinically validated measurements, brief interventions using evidence-based techniques, care planning, navigation and connection with qualified behavioral health providers, treatment facilities and/or other sponsored benefits/community resources as applicable. The candidate will have a working knowledge of the current behavioral health landscape, including collaborative care models and insurance plan coverage.
The candidate for this position must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, organization, communication and care coordination skills. The applicant must have effective clinical consultation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with various types of participants and treatment providers.
Schedule will include both early and late start time during the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Open availability is required.
This position reports to the Clinical Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides in the moment support, crisis support, intake, further assessment and care planning
- Administers evidence-based, validated measurement tools (e.g. PHQ-9, GAD-7, etc. to measure client improvement)
- Develop and utilize care plans to make clinical recommendations and referrals to appropriate levels of care
- Utilizes care plan to make appropriate referrals for continued care arrangements for participants
- Works with patient and collaborative care team to ensure patient access to necessary treatments, services and resources.
- Monitor patient adherence to treatment, response to treatment, remission and recovery of symptoms, quality of life and satisfaction with care
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation in various case management platforms
- Participate in clinical consultations/treatment plan meetings with collaborative care team
- Serve as an embedded behavioral health/chronic care manager as assigned
- Function as a core member of a collaborative care team
- Documents patient progress and treatment recommendations
- Utilize various techniques to encourage patient engagement and follow through
- Facilitates referrals for clinically indicated services such as social services, housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care or substance abuse treatment
- Regular monitoring of patients care plan to ensure optimal progress with identified goals,
- Monitors patents for changes in clinical symptoms, treatment side effects or complications
- Participates in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the collaborative care team
- Regular communication with the patient’s care team regarding patients new to treatment, existing patients progress or those who are not improving as expected
- Provides brief interventions using evidence-based techniques such as Behavioral Activation, Problem-solving treatment, Motivational interviewing or other treatments appropriate
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of behavioral health care landscape, insurance plans and evidence-based behavioral health treatment models, including collaborative care models
- Ability to effectively engage patients in a therapeutic relationship
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- General knowledge of psychopharmacology for common mental health disorders
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment models
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related field
- Case management experience/experience utilizing a case management platforms/EHR
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR), preferably MedConnect-Cerner
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR), preferably Cerner
- Experienced and comfortable working with a diverse set of participants
- 2-5 years’ experience providing case management/ utilizing a case management platform/EHR
- 2-5 years’ experience working with Addiction and Recovery
- Previous work experience in role that required use of clinical acumen
Location: Baltimore, MD
BHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested? Fill out our online application.