Guide Care Concierge
Guide+Thrive is a cutting-edge solution which provides individuals with direct access to behavioral healthcare. High-touch, concierge-style behavioral health support is delivered telephonically or virtually to our client’s employees including corporations, health systems, associations, unions and students.
Work with a mission-driven team, focused on improving the experience for those seeking behavioral health services, on a beautiful campus while enjoying a robust benefits package.
Serving as a GUIDE for each participant, a master’s-level clinician (Care Concierge) provides in the moment support, crisis counseling, telephonic or virtual psychosocial assessments, action planning, navigation and connection with qualified behavioral health providers, treatment facilities and/or other sponsored benefits. The candidate will have a working knowledge of the current behavioral health landscape, including insurance plan coverage. Must have the professional acumen to make clinical recommendations and referrals to appropriate levels of care.
The candidate for this position must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, organizational, communication and coordination skills. The applicant must have effective clinical consultation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with various types of people and treatment providers.
The focus of this position requires a specialist orientation to completing detailed, accurate work based on established guidelines. Position requires a candidate that uses frequent, friendly, outgoing communication styles in working with others who often have different styles, attitudes and behaviors.
This position reports to the VP, Clinical Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high-touch, concierge-style behavioral health support telephonically and/or through a video-based platform
- Accepts service requests for the GUIDE program (via inbound call, assessment trigger, on-site behavioral health consultant, or form submission)
- Reviews participant-completed behavioral health assessments and provides outreach to engage, triage and coordinate care
- Utilizes scheduling tool to plan and monitor scheduled consultations
- Provides in-the-moment support, crisis support, intake, further assessment and action planning
- Guides participants to organizational resources – including health plans and employer sponsored benefits
- Utilizes action plans to make clinical recommendations and referrals to appropriate levels of care
- Guides participants to community resources, including behavioral health and substance abuse treatment centers
- Provides follow-up to ensure connection, progress and participant satisfaction
- Monitors the quality, compliance, progression and outcome of each case
- Uses various interventions such as: motivational interviewing, solution-focused consultation, behavior modification, intrinsic coaching, etc. to resolve participant issues/concerns but also keep participant engaged throughout process
- Maintains accurate and complete client information in our customized case management platform/EHR
- All activity completed during day must be documented prior to leaving at end of day
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related field
- Case management experience/experience utilizing a case management platform/EHR
- Experienced and comfortable working with a diverse set of participants, from Attorneys and Physicians, to Police officers and School Teachers
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral health care landscape, insurance plans and evidence-based behavioral treatment models
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment models
- 2-5 years’ experience providing case management/ utilizing a case management platform/EHR
- 2-5 years’ experience working with Addiction and Recovery
- Previous work experience in role that required use of clinical acumen
Location: Baltimore, MD
BHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested? Fill out our online application.